Email: tarin@themakeupdiva.net
Website: themakeupdiva.net

Monday, April 13, 2015

TUTORIAL | Dark Pink Smokey Eye

Today I'm going to be showing you guys an eye of the day tutorial. I wore this look a couple days ago, and asked you guys on Instagram if you'd be interested in seeing it, and a lot of you did, so here it is!

Here is the finished look:


I'm not sure what I'm calling this yet, but I'm going to come up with something!

So let's get started!

First, I went ahead and did my primer and foundation, so that I wouldn't have to after doing the eye look.
I used the Revlon Colorstay foundations (both the liquid and powder). I will do a product review on these two.

I also used the Smashbox Primer water.

I went ahead and primed my eyes with the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer in original. I didn't use a lot, just a dab on both eyes and rubbed it in.


Here is the palette I used for this eyeshadow look. It's a Z Palette and the colors are from Morphe Brushes.



I will tell you the names as I go.

So the first color I used was "Top row, 1st on left". It is called birthday suit. With a fluffy eyeshadow brush, I just took it and really blended it out all through my crease, here is a picture of that step:

After that, I used "Top row, 5th from left" which is called burlesque. I put it on the outside corner of my lid and crease. After I got it how I liked it out there, I blended it in through my crease.

Next, I used "Top row, 4th from left". It is called Lustrous, and I think this shade is GORGEOUS. With this color, I used packing motions and put it on the inside half of my lid. After it was packed on how I wanted it, I blended, blended, BLENDED it to look right with the other colors.

Next, I wanted a blending shade, so that the light and dark shade would look better together. I used "Bottom row, 3rd from left" and put it in the center of my lid using packing motions once again. Be careful not to go too far over on either side, stay in the middle with this. After, blend it out.
TIP: When packing, don't pay attention to the blending because you blend it out after!!

A lot of the time, I do not like my eyeshadow before I put eyeliner on, so before I went and tried touching up, I went ahead and put on eye liner. When I touched up, I just used the same colors as I had been using previously.

ALSO! I used "Top row, 3rd from left" which is Secretive, and put it in my lower lash line. I put it as close to my lash line as possible and then blended it out just a little bit.
To me, I don't like whenever this color is very bright, but it does add a nice pop of color to your eyes. 

And that's it! After that, all i did was apply mascara and curled my lashes. I did not fix my brows today because I know they're jacked up. I actually need to go get them waxed!

Final product, once again:

I went ahead and put on the rest of my makeup. Here are the products I used today:

And here was my final look:



For the LIFE of me, I could not get those pictures to rotate. I even went on my photo editing software and flipped them, but blogger was NOT having it. I will try again later.

If you like this look, please +1 it or comment below.

Thanks so much for reading 
XOXO The Makeup Diva
Tarin

No comments:

Post a Comment