Email: tarin@themakeupdiva.net
Website: themakeupdiva.net

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

PRODUCT REVIEW | Merle Norman


Hey guys. Today I'm going to review a couple of Merle Norman's products!

Before going to a Merle Norman Studio today, I had never stepped foot in one, and I actually didn't know that there was one that was around my school. 

I got 4 things & they gave us a couple samples.
I got:
Ultra Powder Foundation - Ultra Chiffon
Lasting Foundation (SPF 12) Liquid - Sesame
Lip Pencil Plus (liner & color) - Cocoa Buff 
Age Defying Eyeliner - Pine
Sample Lip Polish
Sample Lip Pencil - Forget Me Not

Let's get started!!

Here's a picture of all the products I got:


Diving right in, I'm going to review the Lasting Foundation (SPF 12) Liquid - Sesame first.
First off, I want to say that the packaging is sooo cute. I love the box it came in as well as the actually makeup tube the product came in. 
To apply this product, I squirted a tad on the back of my hand (not even the size of a dime). To put it on my face, I actually used the ELF Powder Brush. I feel like this brush really works well with liquid foundations. I worked the foundation over my face and neck. I did have a bit left over on the back of my hand, so you really don't need a lot when applying this. A little really does go a long way.
The ladies of Merle Norman told me that this liquid would last an entire 8 hours before needing to touch it up, and as I wore it throughout the day it did not budge. I absolutely LOVE this for days I'm going to be gone all day and not needing a lot of touch ups. On my skin, I didn't notice any movements for a solid 12 hours, so for me, it worked over what the ladies told me.
Bottom line: I love this product & I recommend it to all.

The second thing I got was the Ultra Powder Foundation in Ultra Chiffon.
The packaging is cute. I love the compact, and I love how the Merle Norman logo is in the powder. I think that's very neat & very professional. I did not like the strong smell of this product. It didn't have a bad smell, but I do not like for my face to smell like makeup, and with this product it does.
This powder didn't last as long as the liquid foundation, but it did last 6 hours without moving before I had to do touchups.
Bottom line: This is a great product, I would recommend this product to people who don't mind smell and don't mind going back to touch up their makeup often. 
**I tried both the foundations together & it did give a nice finish, I really love both products together. It lasted a long time.

Next, I got the Lip Pencil Plus (liner & color) - Cocoa Buff
This product was a strange buy for me simply because I hardly ever wear lip liner. I am just not a fan. The shape of my lips are just plain wrong for a liner, and to be honest, it's probably because I'm not the best at applying it. With this duo, I put lip liner on like I was a pro. Above, I've listed 3 pictures, and the one on the left is the liner, the middle is the lip color, and the right is a swatch of the two. I must say, the lip color is shimmery. But the two colors go nicely together. I think the liner is just dark enough to be noticed, but it doesn't stand out. I love this product.
Bottom line: For those of you who have a hard time with liner, GET THIS. I recommend this product for everyone.

Last but not least, I got the Age Defying Eyeliner - Pine
I have never went outside my comfort zone with a liner, simply because I just like black eyeliner. I think it works well with all makeup looks. I'm content with it. Ya know? But I decided to just embrace it, and go for it. I chose pine. It literally makes my eyes POP. I just apply it to the top lid & it looks STUNNING. I've also seen a lot of big name Youtube stars and makeup artists do this as well. So I hopped on the bandwagon. The Eyeliner I got from Merle Norman is so creamy, so easy to apply. I don't have to force it on my lid, it just glides on with one stroke. I love it.
Bottom line: I recommend this product to people with blue eyes. It will make your eyes POP.

I got two free samples, I got a lip polish and a lip pencil. The lip polish didn't come with a name on it unfortunately for me because it goes well with my lip duo. However, I did take some pictures of it, and I have used it. I absolutely love it. This lip polish doesn't make your lips sticky like a lot of lip products have been doing for some reason. It's also such a pretty color.
Here is the lip polish:

Also, I got a sample lip pencil in the color Forget Me Not. I am definitely going to have to go back and pick one of these up. The color is stunning, and the texture is so creamy. This lip pencil is easy for me to apply to my lips as well. Here it is:
I did a sample of it right beside the eyeliner - pine. I'm not sure why, haha.

Overall, my experience with Merle Norman was great. I loved the ladies of the Hickory, NC store. They were dolls and helped pick out whatever I needed. Shoutout to them!!


If you've ever been to Merle Norman, let me know how your experience was.
Was the customer service friendly and helpful? Do you like your products, and would you recommend them to anyone?
Comment below,
or email me at tarin@themakeupdiva.net :)

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed your post even if it several years old. I have recently come back to Merle Norman & love it. I wish I had never strayed. I wear the same foundation as the one you reviewed & love it —- lasts all day & usually well into the evening. Great post. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete