Email: tarin@themakeupdiva.net
Website: themakeupdiva.net

Saturday, April 4, 2015

PRODUCT REVIEW | MAC Studio Fix Fluid & Select Sheer/Pressed

Hey guys!
I'm back to do my Product Review!
It's a first impression as well!


Today, I took a day trip with my boyfriend to Charlotte, NC because that's the nearest place I can go for a lot of the high end brands, especially MAC. 
Just in case you guys didn't know, it takes me two hours to get there. two. for the nearest MAC........ #outinthemiddleofnowhereproblems :(



Anyway!
It was my first trip to an actual MAC store and I was quite impressed with the employee help and the set up. I love the black & white look, I think that's awesome.
The only complaint I had was that I wanted the Studio Fix powder instead of the Select Sheer/Pressed. The guy got me the wrong kind, but it's okay. I'm going to review this one instead and see how I like it.

Packaging:
On both of these products, I love the sleek black & white packaging. I actually love how the layout is on the front. The MAC logo, what it is, and then the pounds. THAT'S IT. There's no other information, so it's not hogging up the space, which I looooveeee. However, I wish they would have put what shade the product is on the front or back. They didn't on either one. It's on a little sticker that's slapped on the top. What if it was messed up?!

Studio Fix Fluid: 
Okay, one thing I don't like is all of their fluid foundations are in this exact packaging. Like, I could pick the wrong kind of by mistake. I don't like that. However, I'm loving how the "Drug Facts" are on the back of this packaging. I'm actually one of the weird people that read everything on that label because you never know. WAIT! I just turned it on the side, there's more drug facts on the side too. How cool!!

Select Sheer/Pressed: 
There are no drug facts. I hate how small the ingredient information is on the back. This is weird, but I'm loving the font.

Bottle/Compact:
Studio Fix Fluid: 
Okay, a couple things with this bottle. I'm still in shock that all of their fluids don't come with a pump?! Where is the pump for this!? Do I have to buy one? Also, the font color on the bottle is really shiny which makes it hard to read. It should have just been silver with no shine, that way I wouldn't have to squint to read. A thing I really do like about it is that the bottle is completely clear, so I can see exactly what shade the foundation is without having to open it up. Big plus. NO PUMP THOUGH?! I can tell by opening it that it might be a tad messy, but I can deal. :)

Select Sheer/Pressed: 
I actually love the silver shiny font on the black. It's easier to read than on the fluid. When I open it up, I love that the mirror is actually a decent size inside. AND I LOVE that it doesn't open again after I open it (like how some brands have the sponge hiding in a secret compartment).

Texture: 
Studio Fix Fluid: 
Left: Fluid swatch; Right: Fluid is rubbed in. Click on pictures to enlarge.
When I text it out on the side of my hand, it just glides on and sinks in, covering EVERYthing. I can already tell this is gonna be amazing. This fluid doesn't feel heavy either. It's very lightweight, which I love.

Select Sheer/Pressed: 
Picture above shows the powder applied over liquid. Click to enlarge.
Oh my god, I love this powder. I put it over the fluid that I tested on the side of my hand, and it literally makes my skin look FLAWLESS. and what's better is that I can't even feel either product on my skin. SO LIGHT WEIGHT. my favorite. I can tell this is about to be a holy grail item.

Both together (click to enlarge picture):


------------
I just want to let you guys know that today I am not using a primer. I am only applying the liquid and powder foundations because I am declaring today a national lazy day since I'm getting over strep throat and it's Saturday.

How did it apply?
Studio Fix Fluid: I applied this using a beauty blender. I didn't rub it in, I dabbed it all over my skin. One area at a time. I think that it applied very evenly. It covered my bumps & flaws on my face pretty good. I don't think that it is a full coverage foundation however. I'm going to rank this foundation definitely in the medium coverage category because it did not cover up my patchy redness on my neck. 


Select Sheer/Pressed: I applied this with the ELF Foundation Brush. I applied it to one area at a time. It applied very smoothly. With the liquid foundation under it, it is definitely a full coverage foundation duo. However, I've not just used the powder, so I'm not sure how it applies just by itself. Right now, just as I have set it... it looks very good. We'll see how it starts looking throughout the day.

Coverage (How long did it last?):
Studio Fix Fluid & Select Sheer/Pressed (I applied both of these, so I'm going to review the two together. Also, I applied them at 9am).
12pm: These actually look really good and it is 12pm. It's been on for 3 hours. I do see some spots that have moved around my nose, but all in all it looks really good still.
2pm: It has now been 5 hours, it's now 2pm. I actually haven't noticed much more movement or any spots that have wore out besides around my nose. It isn't quite ready for a touch up yet!
5pm: Okay this is usually the time when I'd go in and touch it up. It has started wearing off just a tad. If I didn't have it with me to touch my makeup up, it still looks fine, but after 8 hours, I usually touch my makeup up.
9pm: I forgot to go back in between 5pm and now!!! I'm sorry!! Okay, so it's now 9pm. I must say, it doesn't look half bad. For this to be on my face 12 hours, it done really well. I'm impressed!!!


Bottom line: Yeah I would recommend these products to someone.
I really like these products, I just wish I would have picked up the right powders. I would rank this in my top 3 foundations. 

If you have this foundation, comment below and let me know if you feel the same way or if you have a different opinion. And why! 

Thanks for reading my first first impression blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment