Email: tarin@themakeupdiva.net
Website: themakeupdiva.net

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

TUTORIAL | Shimmery Nude Lip

GUYS! I totally just realized that it has been a couple weeks since I did a tutorial look for you guys, so I got out my lip products, and went to work on the most PERFECT lip look.

Actually, I came up with TWO!
The first look I have for you guys is a more simple look using less products for those in a time crunch. The second look is more dramatic, using more products for those who like to take their time! :)

I decided to do a nude look for these tutorials because I think nude looks are amazing and will work with just about anything! It's casual, but it can be dressy too. Also, they work amazingly on the days when you are wanting your pop of color on your eyes or cheeks.

Here are a list of the products I used for these look:
NYX Butter Lipstick - Gumdrop
NYX Butter Lipstick - Sugar Wafer
Tarte Lip Gloss - Flush
Merle Norman Lip Pencil - Forget Me Not


First, I'm going to show a more simple nude look, only using lipgloss and lipstick.
If you're like me, simple is better. I put on lipstick & lipgloss, and I usually run out the door because I'm usually late!
First, I want to use the NYX Butter Lipstick - Sugar Wafer, which is more of a nude tone. I apply it to my entire lip.
After I apply Sugar Wafer, I just put the Tarte Lip Gloss - Flush in the center of my top and bottom lip. After that, I just roll my lips around and smear the Tarte lipgloss throughout the entire lip.
& that's it! I think the colors look fabulous together. It's a nude lip, but there's a hint of pink in there, as well as some glimmer & shine.
Simple, yet very pretty.


Now, I want to do a even more dramatic lip. 
I want to use TWO lipsticks for an ombre effect on the lip, a lip pencil, and a lipgloss to seal the deal.
The first step is to line the entire top and bottom lips with the Merle Norman Lip Pencil - Forget Me Not. 

It doesn't really matter how thick you get the lip liner because it will blend with the lipsticks. Just get the outside line smooth.

After that, I picked up NYX Butter Lipstick - Gumdrop. 

I didn't put it on the entire lip. Just the outside part, leaving room for the other lip color inside.

After that, I took my NYX Butter Lipstick - Sugar Wafer (which was used in the more simple spring look)

and apply it to the very inside. This is what creates the ombre effect to the lip. It also kind of takes the pinky Gumdrop shade down a notch, that way it's not a pink lip - it's a nude lip.


After that, I rubbed my lips together, just to blend out the colors, and I got my Tarte Lipgloss - Flush.
I only put this lipgloss right in the middle of the top and bottom lips and then use my lips to go in circular motions to kind of blend everything out.

Here's the finished look:


And that's that!
What are you favorite products to use for a nude lip?!
Comment below & let me know, or as always, you can email me at tarin@themakeupdiva.net & let me know that way.

Would you guys like to see more Lip of The Day tutorials?! Comment below or email me and tell me lip looks you would like to see.

Thanks for reading!!
XO.


No comments:

Post a Comment