Email: tarin@themakeupdiva.net
Website: themakeupdiva.net

Sunday, March 29, 2015

PRODUCT REVIEW | COMPARISON | LA Girl Glazed Lip Paint | Too Faced Melted Lipstick

Hey yall!

For today's blog, I'm gonna be reviewing the LA Girl Glazed Lip Paints.

These Lip Paints are similar to the Too Faced Melted Lip Stains, but not quite the same. For those wanting a Too Faced Melted dupe, these are not it!

Alright, lets get started.
The first thing I noticed when I held the Too Faced and LA Girl up together is that they look very similar. With both, the actual color of the tube is the color of the product & both brands have gold accent lids and scripts. In my opinion, the script is actually very similar too. The actual tubes are about the same size while the gold lid of Too Faced is a bit bigger.
Here's a picture of both:

I have noticed that the texture is a bit different too. The LA Girls are kinda runny and glossy while the Too Faced is more thick and dries matte, so it's easier to apply. I believe the applicators on each have a lot to do with how messy they are. LA Girl is a black plastic applicator, so it's hard to control the runny lip paint; However, the Too Faced stains have a pad at the end, so it's easier to put on your lips. So with that said, the texture of the two are very different.

Do you ever have those lip products that just smell SOOO good? Well, both of these products smell AMAZING. The LA Girl paints smell minty. I know that a lot of the time, the minty smells and flavorings make it tingle and burn... these do not. The Too Faced Stains smell good too. It's more of a sweet smell, I'm not sure how to explain it. But I'm not joking, if I could just eat the tube of lip stain, I would. It smells THAT good. So the smells are different for these two as well, but they both smell amazing.

So that's all the comparisons! 
If you want me to compare anything else about these products, just email me or comment below. My email is tarin@themakeupdiva.net :) I check it everyday and will update this!

---------------------------------

Okay! SO! Let's get started. I'm just going to jump right in. I ordered 18 colors and here they are!

Pin-up


Gleam


Whisper


Elude


Flirt


Peony (it's upside down.. sorry!!)


Tango


Hot Mess


Bombshell


Tease


Eoy


Whimsical


Babydoll


Blushing


Seduce


Daring


Tempe


Feisty



And there you have it! 
I love these products.You don't even need to pair a lipstick and lipgloss together for this look. It's like a 2 in 1 lip product. The only downside that I have found to these products is that it is really messy to put on. I did these lip products back to back to back, so in a couple pictures, you can probably tell where it stained the skin around my lips. 
A good thing to these lip paints is that it stains your lips and stays really well all day long.
My advice with these is to use an applicator brush to apply them. I think it's less messy that way and you won't get them on your hands (because it will stain them!)
My favorites were Babydoll and Tease. The only one I really had trouble with was Tempe and I think that it's because it's so dark and these are really messy. Other than that it's a total STEAL. I think you can get these for about $6. I'm not really sure where to get these, I got them on Amazon!

Too Faced Melted Lip Stains are $21 a pop and totally worth it. They're easy to put on, it dries quickly once applied to your lips, and the colors are wonderful. 

If you're not looking to spend $21 for one lip stain, the next best bet are these lovely lip paints. They're definitely a new favorite of mine.

Alright!
Thanks for reading.

*****GIVEAWAY*****
Don't forget to enter the giveaway.
It ends April 15th and the drawing will be on April 25th.
The items I'm giving away are Urban Decay glitter eye pencil, a full size Urban Decay eye primer in original, an ELF brush, and a couple other things.
For more info, go to themakeupdiva.net and read more on the "News" page.
Good luck!
*********************
My next big blog will be on Sunday April 6th.

XOXO, The Makeup Diva
Tarin 

No comments:

Post a Comment