Email: tarin@themakeupdiva.net
Website: themakeupdiva.net

Saturday, March 14, 2015

TUTORIAL | Rainy Day Look | FIRST BLOG

Hey guys!
Here in North Carolina, it's supposed to rain all the way until Sunday. I'm trying to stay in good spirits, so I thought I'd do a rainy day inspired look. 
Rainy inspiration:
When I think of rain, I think of dreary, cloudy, and dark. No sunshine. Just blah.
I'm going to use dark colors to match the theme of a rainy day.

Lets get started! Here is my look step by step. I have made sure to include every product (besides brushes) that I use. Leave feedback and let me know if I was thorough enough with the step by step.
1. The first thing you're gonna want to do is prime your face. I use Sei Bella's foundation primer. I don't use a brush for this. I squirt a dab on my pointer and middle fingers, then I rub my hands together and spread it across my face.
\\To me, this product is light and I can't feel it. I can tell that my foundation stays a bit longer whenever I prime my face with this primer. I recommend a primer for your face, no matter which kind it is.
2. The second thing I do is use BB Cream. I use Covergirl cgsmoothers BB Cream #810 light to medium. I use a foundation brush for this product. I spread it over my entire face and down my neck, just in case I get a foundation line.
\\I use this product because I feel like it evens out my skin tone.
3. Next, it's time for foundation. For my foundation, I like to match it exactly to my skin. I don't want to look darker than normal and I don't want to be pale. I use Sei Bella's loose powder in dark. To apply this, I use a kabuki brush & make sure that it covers my entire face.
\\I don't like a thick looking foundation, so I use this lightly. I think it looks better this way.
4. For my blush, I am using Clinique blushing blush powder in shade iced lotus. This color is a pink color, but it's not pink enough to throw off the look. I think it blends well.
5. I am going to prime my eyelids next with ELF eye primer. It's not my favorite eye primer, but I just got it the other day, so I am trying it out. I don't use a lot, just enough to coat my eyelid.
6. This step is my favorite. Eyeshadow! I will be using the Naked 2 palette by Urban Decay.
All over, I'm going to use the shade Foxy.
In the crease, I'm going to use the shade Busted.
On the lid, I'm going to use the shade Snakebite.
& above the crease, below the browline, (as a highlighter color) I'm going to use the shade Bootycall.
\\After I have each color on, I will blend them together, so that there's not a definite line between each color. I want my eyelid to look smooth.
\\If you don't wear dark colors often, this look will take a bit to get used to. These colors aren't very dark, but they will be very dark if you're not used to it.
7. After I use eyeshadow, it's time for eyeliner. For this look, a brown eyeliner would be best with the brown eye colors. I am going to use a Lancome eye pencil in the color Black Coffee. I don't make my eyeliner too thick. I like eyeliner to look really thin and neat.
8. I'm just going to use a Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara in black to give my eyelashes a pop and length.
And we're done!

Let's have a recap...
here are the products you'll need:
Sei Bella Foundation Primer
Covergirl BB Cream cgsmoothers #810 light to medium
Clinique blushing blush powder - iced lotus
Elf eye primer
Naked 2 palette by Urban Decay - Foxy, Busted, Snakebite, Bootycall
Lancome eye pencil - Black Coffee
Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara - Black


All products used: (bad lighting, I apologize)

Blush Color--I actually have really bad lighting in my room, so it's hard to see the blush. This picture is unflattering for it, but I PROMISE this blush is SOOO pretty. It's kind of subtle, so it works well with this completed look:

Lip Swatch--On my hand, I found that this lipstick looked more pink than whenever I put it on my lips. It's actually quite dark, and works well for a darker, rainy look:

lipstick--:As you can tell, the lipstick is really dark looking. I'm not sure why the swatch looked so bright, but I promise you guys it's not whenever you put it on your lips!

Naked 2 palette colors used-I didn't swatch the all over eye color(Foxy) only because it matched perfectly to my skin, and I couldn't get it to show up under the camera:



And that's it!
It's THAT simple.
Okay, so I didn't get to take a completed look picture, or step by step in this tutorial. 

PLEASE leave feed back. I need to know what you guys think.

Thanks!!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment