Email: tarin@themakeupdiva.net
Website: themakeupdiva.net

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Makeup Order for a Perfect Face

Hey guys!!

In this blog, I'm going to be sharing the best order to put makeup on for the perfect makeup look!

I'm not sure what to call this blog yet, so maybe I'll think of something before I publish it!!

For the longest time, I always put all of my face makeup on (this includes foundation, blush, bronzer, etc.) followed by all eye makeup and after that, lips. However, after I got done with eye makeup, I would have to go back and touch up my face makeup right under my eyes because I got a lot of fall out with eye shadow.
I started noticing that my makeup was disappearing really fast because it seemed like I was doing my face makeup twice in one sitting.

I have seen that a lot of people put their eye makeup on first, and that's great. Whatever works for you is the order you should do. If you're like me, this idea doesn't work for you. I cannot do this because whenever I get done putting this around my eyes, my eyes look really bad and I have to end up using more eye shadow to spread the shadow back out to look normal.

------
I actually tweeted and asked my followers what order they put their makeup on! And here are a couple of the responses I got:
@klimashaeva said "@TheMakeupDiva_ @FemaleBloggerRT @UBloggerRT foundation first then eye shadow:) wbu?:)"

@bubblybex3 replied with "foundation, concealer, eyes, brows, blush/bronze then lips :)"

These responses let me know that every one does their makeup differently and that's okay! Whatever works for you is the best!! :)

Follow me on Twitter: @TheMakeupDiva_ !!
------

SO! If you're like me and can't do your eye shadow very first or can't do all your face makeup before putting your eye makeup on, then this blog is for you!! Enjoy!

-------------------
--*If you're just wanting the order of the makeup, then right under this is for you.
--*If you're wanting the order with every kind of makeup I use and pictures, then it is right under the order of the makeup only.
-------------------

Makeup Order Only:
Prime the entire face.
Conceal blemishes/redness/etc.
Apply liquid & powder foundations.
Apply eye primer and eye shadows.
Put on eyeliner, mascara, etc. (finish eyes).
Take a powder brush and wipe any fall out from eyes off under eye area and cheeks.
Apply under eye primer & contour.
Put on blush.
Apply bronzer.
Apply finishing powder over entire face.
Spray setting spray.
Put on lipstick.
Apply lipgloss.
You're done!
**I have bolded where you put on blush and eyeshadow to emphasize the difference in order.





Makeup Order with Products and Pictures: 
Okay, so here is a before picture!

And here are the products that I used:


The first thing I do is prime my face. For the pictures below, I primed my face with Smashbox Primer water. I hold it out about 8-9 inches from my face and squirt it about 8 times evenly all over!

After that, I conceal all my blemishes. Today I didn't do that because right now I don't really have many noticeable breakouts. When I use concealer, I like to use my Elf Concealer liquid and I just put it on the breakouts and rub it in with my finger.

Next, I apply my liquid foundation. For this look, I wanted to use my Maybelline Fit Me "Normal to Oily" liquid foundation - 120 Classic Ivory. I poured a bit on my hand (maybe the size of a dime) and dabbed it on my face and neck using a beauty blender. I do not rub my foundation on, I dab it with a beauty blender. I think it applies more evenly this way.

Following the liquid foundation application, I add a powder foundation to secure it and make sure it doesn't move throughout the day. Today, I used Maybelline Fit Me "Normal to Oily" pressed powder - 120 Classic Ivory. I use a foundation brush for this and put it all over my face and neck. I don't use a lot, just enough to put a layer over the liquid.

Here's a quick picture of these steps!


***After this, a lot of people normally go on and apply their under eye contour, blush, and bronzer. I do not. I apply my eyeshadow next.***

The eye primer I used today was my Urban Decay Eye Primer in Original. For this, I do not use a lot because I feel like it works better with only a bit. This is an all time favorite product of mine. It is always the full size product I am giving away in my giveaway which ends on April 15th, so if you haven't entered then ENTER!!

Anyway, the eyeshadow I used was my brand new Lorac single eyeshadows. The colors I used were Blanc, Ecru, Acai, and Gilded. I used Blanc as my highlight, and the rest in my crease and lid. These colors are beautiful and were amazing to work with. For the crease I used the shade Acai and I just sort of blended it out and up. 
For the lid, I used the shade Gilded. It's beautiful and golden. I'm obsessed with the color.
And for a nice transition shade between those two, I used Ecru. It worked nicely and blended perfect.



The eyeliner I used for this look was my Too Faced Waterproof Eyeliner in black. I recommend this to ANYONE who has sensitive eyes, like me. I hate to use an eyeliner that you have to bare down and rub over your eyelid a thousand times to even show up. This eyeliner is literally so amazing. One rub across your eyelid and water lines and you. are. done. It's that amazing.

The mascara I used was Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes in black. I love, love, LOVE this mascara! I actually got it on sale for $10 at Ulta during their amazing sale that's still going on RIGHT NOW! 21 Days of Beauty!!





After that, I wiped all the fall out of the eyeshadow out from under my eyes so I could begin my under eye contour, blush, and bronzer applications.

As always, I used my lovely Anastasia Beverly Hills contour kit. I love this product, I think it's amazing for under the eyes!

After that, I used my brand new Nars Blush in Orgasm. I actually got this blush at Sephora yesterday, and it was a best seller. The color is amazing. I love it for my skin tone. It's glittery, too, which I absolutely love. I applied this to the apples of my cheeks all the way back to my hairline.

For my bronzer, I used Too Faced Blushing Bronzer in Pink Leopard. I applied this right under my blush, I also applied it to the hairline of my forehead. This bronzer is sooo pretty and it worked really well with the Nars Orgasm blush.

I always put a highlight above my blush, because I feel like it looks nice! For this, I use Smashbox soft lights in Shimmer

After my highlight, I filled in my eyebrows using NYX Eyebrow Kit in Blonde. I know it's for blonde, but I actually feel like it matches my hair and it's more of a light brown, so it works out really well for me. These are only about $5 and they work amazingly. Inside, it also has the gel to smooth down your brows so the stragle hairs lay down.

Here's a picture of these steps applied:


The only things left to do are setting my makeup and applying lipstick and gloss!!

To set my makeup, I used L'Oreal Infalliable Setting Spray. This setting spray is BOMB! Whenever I did this makeup look, I applied my makeup at 10am this morning and it is still perfect and flawless at 10:20pm. It's amazing and it's only $16.99 at CVS!

The lipstick I used for this look was Milani Lipstick #11 Fruit Punch. Not only is the color amazing and my favorite shade of pink, but it even SMELLS like fruit punch. I love it. I believe it was around $6 and totally worth it.

Finally, the lipgloss I used was Ulta Butter Balm in the shade Thumbelina. Not only is the name cute, but the shade is cute as well. Got this shade for a total steal at Ulta for only $3 during the 21 Days of Beauty Sale! 




So above is the FINISHED look! I was so pleased with this look! I hope you guys have enjoyed this!!

One more thing.
I want to just brag on two products I have been using the past couple days and those are the Maybelline Fit Me "Normal to Oily" liquid foundation and pressed powder. The shade I used was 120 Classic Ivory. These products are AMAZING and they seriously compete with high end foundations. I have so many other foundations to try, but these work so good I don't even want to try another. These are so worth the price, and I think the price of these are a TOTAL steal. For sure. 

Thanks for reading.
I love yall!
XOXOXOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment